Quincy Delight Jones Jr. (born March 14, 1933) is an American music impresario, musical arranger, record producer, and film composer. During 50 years in the entertainment industry Jones' work has earned him more than 70 Grammy Award nominations, more than 25 Grammy Awards, and a Grammy Legends Award in 1991. He is best known as the producer of two of the top-selling records of all time: the album Thriller, by pop icon Michael Jackson, and the charity song “We Are the World”. Also known for work with Frank Sinatra.
- 1. Prologue (2 Q's Rap) (1:04)
- 2. Back On The Block (6:34)
- 3. I Don't Go For That (5:11)
- 4. I'll Be Good To You (4:54)
- 5. The Verb To Be (0:29)
- 6. Wee B. Dooinit (3:32)
- 7. The Places You Find Love (6:24)
- 8. Jazz Corner Of The Word (2:53)
- 9. Birdland (5:33)
- 10. Setembro (Brazilian Wedding Song) (5:04)
- 11. One Man Woman (3:44)
- 12. Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me) (4:46)
- 13. Prelude To The Garden (0:54)
- 14. The Secret Garden (6:40)
Back on the Block is a 1989 studio album produced by Quincy Jones. It features many famous and important musicians and singers, including Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane, Sarah Vaughan, Dizzy Gillespie, George Benson, Luther Vandross, Dionne Warwick, Barry White, Chaka Khan, Take 6, Bobby McFerrin, Al Jarreau and Ray Charles. Overview Multiple singles were lifted from the album and found success on Pop and R&B radio, including "I'll Be Good To You" Read more on Last.fm.